Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Blogging by pictures

Dad came for a visit at the end of Aug/first of Sept. He kept the babies while R and I took F to Tampa for her quarterly appt. She lost weight, but aced her PFT, so we all celebrated......except the dietian. Here is a picture of how he arrived...Grizzly Grandaddy. While he was here, it was the one yr. anniversary of Mom's death. The kids wrote her letters, and drew pictures. We then, took them to the beach and released them on balloons. Then went body boarding. GG finished Level 2 of HOP. Will is mummifying a chicken as part of a History assignment. Here are a couple of pictures of him with "the Pharaoh" My angel trumpet bush in the front walkway. I love this plant. Those blooms are 12 inches! Took our first fieldtrip of the year to Kennedy Space Center. Will started piano lessons. Met up with friends from ATL @ Disneyworld...superfun day! We are planning a big trip to DC at the end of the month. R is running the Marine Corps Marathon for a charity benefitting children of fallen soldiers and we are making a family vacation out of the trip. In anticipation of the trip, I have chunked the History Curriculm they've been working on, focusing instead, on early American History and I hope to cover a bit of Government before we leave, also. F (who makes a game out of everything we study) fashioned her own "Redcoat" uniform. Here, my ragtag patriots seemed to be captured. G told me she did not have a uniform, but that she was making her "attacking face". And last, but certainly not least, Faith was able to finally cash in her 6th birthday present from Mom and Dad. They gave it to her right when Mom's cancer came back and circumstances worked against her getting to do it until now. Just as well, though, she was only barely tall enough this past weekend.
So, that should catch us up for the fall, so far. I can't believe my sweet boy will be six on Monday! More on him later....

2 comments:

4 Lettre Words said...

Love all of the pics!

Our brutal winter got both of my angel's trumpets. I was so sad.

Praying it's a wonderful week for you guys. XO!

Heidi said...

I love all of your pictures. Especially Faith swimming with the dolphins. How exciting!