Monday, December 20, 2010

Happy Birthday, My Faithful D!






Eight years ago today my extra-ordinary girl was born. I hardly know where to start with her description. Faith is a girl of extremes. She is extremely intelligent and beautiful, extremely sweet and loving, extremely dependable, extremely trustworthy and at times, extremely difficult. Of my three, she is the one that will drive me to tears the fastest. Tears of pride; or tears of exacerbation. I guess she invokes extreme emotion, also Faith loves to play with her best friends (Will and Grace) and her dolls. Her passion however, is reading and learning, and reading and reading and reading some more. She wants to be a scientist of some sort when she grows up. She hasn’t decided what kind yet, but leans more toward marine biology than others. She started chemistry this school year and, because she doesn’t read my blog, I can admit here, that I have to read at night to keep up with her. Sometimes she gets ahead, but with her sweet eight year old heart that still thinks her Mommy knows everything, she is blinded to the fact. My Faithful is a girl of great focus and determination. The expression “dog with a bone” comes to mind. She also has a very generous heart. Just today, she offered to use her entire savings to buy Christmas presents for a family she heard about that didn’t have the money to do for themselves this year. For obvious reasons, Faith’s birthdays are always poignant for me, always a bit more emotional than with my other two. Happy Birthday my extraordinary girl! Mommy loves you!

1 comment:

4 Lettre Words said...

Hope she has a wonderful celebration!

P.S. It's been really cold up in the A-T-L.